Our FAQ page to assist you!
I cannot insert the pin through the metal ball joint?
- It is best to fit one at a time. Place the top head on first and rotate it round until you can slide the pin through.
- Make sure you have installed the head on properly and can hear the strut 'click'.
- If you loose a pin, contact our customer care team and we will send you out a couple more for free!
Will my boot open automatically all the time?
- Cold weather reduces the chance of opening, but with our struts we ensure there is enough power to prevent this from happening.
- If you have a spoiler, the boot will still automatically open. Please refer to the guidance provided on our product pages.
Are your struts the same as OEM?
- Emerald Struts are identical to your standard OEM struts. However they come spring-loaded which enabled them to 'pop' your boot open!
- Our struts are also customised in size.
The boot requires more force to close, is this normal and will it cause damage to my boot?
- Yes, this perfectly normal! The extra pressure is required as a result of the spring in place. Without this, the boot will not 'pop' open.
- The pressure required will ease over time, and you will naturally adjust to this without even realising.
- No, all struts are designed and tested prior release, to ensure they have enough power to open your boot without causing damage.
I have installed them, but my boot is not opening?
- Ensure you have installed them as advised by the 'instalment card'.
- Ensure no parts have been removed from the strut(s).
- Ensure each strut is the right measurement for your vehicle.
- Ensure that your boot hinges are greased/lubricated.
- Ensure your bump stops have been turned.
I cannot insert the strut head onto the ball joint?
- Remove all pins from the metal heads before attempting to install.
- The strut head must be pushed onto the ball joint and you'll hear a 'click'.
- Ensure that your ball joints are clean and free from dirt/debris.
How do I track my order?
- On purchasing a product from us, you will have received a confirmation email.
- On being shipped, you will then receive a tracking number - emailed to you by us.
- You can check your parcel location via the Royal Mail 'trace and trace' facility. This can be accessed via the link on our Menu page.
- Please note, international orders will take longer to update on their system